Soon after Leg Up Farm opened, the need for services beyond the educational setting was realized, and the idea for Able-Services was born. Located at the Able Training Center, at 3100 North George Street (the former site of Shiloh Nurseries and Brown’s Orchards & Farm Market), we are licensed as an Adult Training Facility by the PA Department of Human Services.
Continuing in the tradition of Leg Up Farm, Able-Services provides a culture of caring and welcoming to our program participants, our staff, and visitors. Able-Printers is located in our building, providing a team of talented adults with special needs the opportunity to work in a business setting. Our on-site commercial greenhouse program, Able-Growers, allows the skills for growing and managing plants to be incorporated into all elements of training and activities. Participants will explore activities of daily living, social skills, communication, leisure/fitness/recreation, nutrition and health, community participation, and self-advocacy.
Participants and their families should be in contact with their Supports Coordinator to facilitate the application process for our program. Program participants need to be receiving Consolidated or Personal/Family Directed Support Waiver funding and qualifying for Adult Day Programming services, and able to function in a 1 staff per every 6 program participant ratio. They should be interested in being active, working toward goals, and most of all, having fun!
If you would like more information about Able-Services please visit their website at www.able-services.org
You can also reach them directly by phone at 717-384-6130 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also download the application
Leg Up Farmers Market
Leg Up Farmers Market is a full-service, natural foods grocery store that supports the Leg Up Farm Family of non profit entities including Leg Up Farm & Able-Services. As the Leg Up Farm Family continues to expand its services to children, adolescents and adults with special needs, as well as to our community, we are committed to reinforcing the Leg Up Farm mission, culture, standards of service, trust, and quality.
Our mission is simple: Enriching people’s lives with natural food options that promote health and happiness.
And we are guided by three principles:
1) Our team supports your FAMILY — Leg Up Farmers Market provides an immediately accessible opportunity to realize changes in diet and lifestyle resulting in continual improvement in overall health for your FAMILY.
2) Much of our FOOD is grown by local farmers and produced by artisans — Support of local FOOD producers not only creates unique product offerings, but enhances the vitality of the region.
3) We support the COMMUNITY in which we work and live — The COMMUNITY now has a natural foods store that fulfills individual and family shopping needs in an environment of service, knowledge, and abundance.
An organic and natural foods market in our location can impact the community in a variety of positive ways that benefit everyone:
- Sustainable growing methods create a positive impact on our environment.
- Producing healthy food within a community builds pride.
- Local producers (produce, bakery, small industry manufacturers) gain access to new customers through Leg Up Farmers Market.
- Traffic build is good for local business and tourism: economic boost.
- Access to better food = better eating = better health.
- Community center for learning and connecting strengthens individuals and communities on multiple levels.
- We are committed to giving back to the community in many ways, notably through financial support of Leg Up Farm, Able-Services, and other human service agencies.
Visit us at 3100 N. George Street in York